Our Video Specialist are the Video Team’s jack of all trades, master of all. They’re our visual interpreters and channellers of empathy, viewing their work through the eyes of their audience and creating narratives that cut right to the heart of a brand’s story.
Their all-around repertoire of video expertise and knowledge means they can take on multiple roles at once, whether as a production-unit-all-in-one or working in a team. They’re highly creative, able to reconcile their vision, shots, and the Client’s mandatories into one beautifully-constructed, compelling whole.
Duties & Responsibilities
An EP Video Specialist will:
Shoot, Direct, and Edit Video Projects
With an eye for aesthetics, you know how to capture an audience’s interest through compelling stories. And you won’t be restricted to just one role. You’ll be taking ownership of all video-related needs, acting as director, cinematographer, editor, motion graphic artist, and beyond. From pre-production to submitting the final output you’ll be working closely with the Video Team, giving and receiving constructive feedback and managing timelines and deadlines under pressure and with ease.
Develop Motion Graphics for Video Projects
Besides video, you’ll be handling the motion graphic needs of our video projects, working hand in hand with the Video Team and Creatives. A creative flair, exceptional craftsmanship, and strong visual sense allow you to tell a story that speaks to your audience’s taste. You strive to offer something new to the table, while prioritizing effectivity over extravagance.
Conceptualize Ideas and Tell Creative Stories
Here at EP, when we say “creativity,” we refer to a solutions-centric thinking. That’s why our DVCs will stop at nothing to tell the most effective story with what they have on hand. With a special kind of foresight and versatility to anticipate the needs of the Creatives Team, DVCs are able to predict the necessary video footage, find ways to deliver the message, and hit the objectives with what they’ve got, and they do it with style.
Be Passionate About Video
Discovery is a huge part of our culture. That’s why our DVCs are keen on delivering solutions by arming themselves with an array of advanced techniques to deliver various video outputs. Whether it’s through the study of amazing cinematography, bouncing ideas off the team, or even browsing Youtube, they’re relentless in the pursuit of the perfect shot.
Have Loads of Fun
Because you’ll be working in Elevation Partners (aka an environment filled with awesome people with a culture that will push you to your greatest potential), this is a given. For sure.
Skills & Strengths
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Highly proficient in foundational video editing and videography (e.g. framing and movement, dominance and emphasis, lighting, photography, etc.) techniques
- Proficient in motion graphics techniques (e.g. animated infograph, typography, lower thirds, compositing)
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe After Effects in a Mac OS X operating system
- Knowledgeable in the use of Canon DSLR’s (e.g. 5D Mk. III), Sony Mirrorless Cameras (e.g. A7S II) and Zoom audio recorders (e.g. H6)
- Knowledgeable in the basics of photography and graphic design.
- Responsible, especially regarding equipment.
To thrive as an EP Video Specialist, you’ll want to be:
- Positive, passionate, and resilient under pressure
- Detail-oriented and organized
- A critical and conceptual thinker
- A team player
- Self-motivated and needing minimal supervision
- Can work under pressure
- Takes constructive criticisms positively
- Can accomplish tasks without frequent supervising
- Willing to do whatever it takes
What to Expect
Here in Elevation Partners, we believe in you: that is, we believe in a team of creatives with the freedom and responsibility to excel in their roles, and beyond. This is a different class of minds that we’ve gathered, and we approach our work with fun, productivity, and positivity. Expect challenges, changes, and a whole lot of growing forward. After all, we don’t just create. We elevate.